Special Services Parent Advisory Council
Special Services Parent Advisory CouncilThe Special Services Parent Advisory Council serves to facilitate collaborative communication between parents and district professionals to work together for the betterment of special service students and providers.
Interested in joining our group? For more information, please contact Kristin Sen at DerbySSPAC@gmail.com
The Special Services Parent Advisory Council serves to facilitate collaborative communication between parents and district professionals to work together for the betterment of special services students and providers.
Impact positive change for our special services students and support their families.
Who We Are
We are parents, just like you. Our children recieve special services for a variety of reasons. Some of our students are gifted, some have a diagnosis of Autism, ADHD, Dyslexia, Cerebral Palsy, or are neurodivergent in other ways. Others have multiple physical, cognitive, and medical complexities Regardless of the diagnosis, all of our families' students have an IEP or 504 plan.
Host monthly meetings
Coordinate trainings specific to special services families
Connect families to other families and to community resources
- What are the various special education classrooms and programs available?
- Which special education programs are located at which schools?
- Once my child is assigned a program, is there an opportunity to change programs?
- I think my child needs an IEP or a 504. What’s the next step?
- I was told my child needs a 504/IEP. Where do I start?
- What is a Prior Written Notice (PWN) and when is it needed?
- Can my child’s service minutes be changed without a parent/guardian signature?
- I am frustrated with something relating to my child’s services or classroom. Who do I talk to?
- Parent Resource Services