> Returning and pre-enrolled students, Click "Enroll" to begin
> New students, Click on your school to download and complete documents to bring with you to enrollment.
Note: If you have a pending Transfer request, please do not enroll your student until after the Transfer Meetings.
The elementary meeting is Monday, July 25, 2016 at 9:00AM and the secondary meeting is Thursday, July 28, 2016 at 9:00AM. Parents/Guardians will begin to be notified about the status of their transfer request following these meetings.
The requirement for a child's first enrollment in a Kansas school is governed by the state law and the school district cannot exercise any deviations from the law.
- A child must be 5 years of age on or before August 31 of the current year to enter kindergarten.
- A child must be 6 years of age on or before August 31 of the current year to enter the first grade.
The following items are required to enroll a student into the Derby School District
- A certified copy of the birth certificate for each child enrolling.
- Kansas Certificate of Immunization.
- A health assessment (physical) for each child starting school in Kansas if he/she is under 9 years old.
- Proof of residence in the Derby school district.