The Kansas Early Childhood Block Grant is administered by the Kansas Children’s Cabinet and Trust Fund. The grant process is driven by accountability measures and research-based programming, with a focus on at-risk children and underserved areas. Class size is limited to 20 students and each must meet one of the following qualifications:
1. Children whose family income would qualify them for participation in the federal free or reduced lunch program.
2. Children and families whose first language is not English or English is not the language primarily spoken in the home.
3. Children at-risk for developmental delays or have an established Individual Education Plan (IEP) or Individual Family Service Plan (IFSP)
4. Children in Foster Care or Custodial Grandparents/Kinship
5. Families whose parent(s) has less than a high school education
6. Teen parent(s)
Location: Pleasantview Elementary, 1101 N. Georgie, Derby, KS
Hours of service: Monday-Friday, 8:00AM-3:20PM
Fee: No Cost
Contact: Pleasantview Elementary (316) 788-8555